What is NextGenVest?
NextGenVest provides a Money Mentor for every student and on-demand help on how to pay for college over text message. Each year 1.4 million students overpay for college and leave $2.7 Billion in free federal aid unclaimed. Your "Money Mentor", or trained college student, will help you fill out financial aid paperwork, find scholarships, negotiate your tuition and more.
What is the NextGenVest High School Internship?
At NextGenVest we help thousands of students who want access to more job experience before picking a major in college. Through this internship, we provide top student leaders with real-world experience in business, marketing, social media, and analytics.
Example of Intern Projects:
- Publishing your own articles on NextGenVest.com's blog.
- Data analytics and scholarship research.
- Developing and executing city-wide social media campaigns such as a school-wide color war.
- Partnership developments with local college access programs.
- Hosting a fun and creative #FundMyPassion workshop or event at your school, community center, sports team, etc on smart ways to pay for college.
What are the requirements?
You are eligible to apply if you are a Senior, Junior, or Sophomore and are passionate about helping other students make smart decisions about paying for college. You should apply!
How do I apply?
Click Here to fill out a short application: NextGenVest Summer/Fall 2017 Internship Application
What are the time and dates?
This is a one-month long remote internship (so you can be anywhere in the country!)
The internship will start on July 1st and end July 30th, 2017.
You are required to work 6 hours per week anywhere you choose. The internship is conducted virtually with NextGenVest HQ!
Last year we had a fantastic group of high school interns who have now gone on to some of the following incredible colleges!
What do you get?
1) One on one college help from NextGenVest.com's CEO, Kelly Peeler.
2) College letter of recommendation.
3) Although it is an unpaid internship, you are awarded a $75 gift card for completing all tasks and making all weekly meetings after school. You choose the gift card: Chipotle, Starbucks, or Amazon.com.
**You need to complete all of your assigned tasks within the one-month internship, and if everything is completed then the gift card will be sent to you via email.