What is NextGenVest?
NextGenVest is the Money Mentor for every student. We provide on-demand help on how to pay for college over text message. Each year, 1.4 million students overpay for college and leave $2.7 Billion in free federal aid unclaimed. Your "Money Mentor", or trained college student, will help you fill out financial aid paperwork, find scholarships, negotiate your tuition and more.
Our 2017 Summer Internships for College Students
You can be learning a variety of skills all while making an impact! Click on each link below to see the application.
- Marketing and Recruitment Intern Application | More Info: Assist in our screening and hiring process for our full time roles. Learn how to manage data and gain skills in talent acquisition! (This is an unpaid position but eligible for internship credit)
- Financial Aid Workshop Leader Intern Application | More Info: You can lead financial aid workshops at high schools within your city! You would be learning presentation and mentorship skills. (This is a paid position)
- City Captain Intern Application | More Info: You can manage your own team and launch a new city. It’s the highest leadership position we have available for interns. Learn management, marketing, and other professional skills! (This is a paid position)
All internships have a duration of one month (July 24th - September 4th, 2017).
What Are the Perks?
- Learn useful skills that you can use in the job world (data analysis to leadership skills)
- If you're located in NYC, you can get Friday lunches with the team on us!
- Get free NextGenVest swag including t-shirts and stickers! :)
- Mentorship and career advice from our CEO Kelly Peeler
Your Impact Matters
Students leave $2.7 Billion of free federal aid unclaimed each year. 30% of students who take out loans drop out before graduation! And the average ratio for help is 1 college counselor : 476 high school students.
How have we helped? In the past year alone, we saved students $256,000 in tuition (by negotiating their tuition bills), facilitated access to an estimated $164,000,000 in federal aid (by helping students with financial aid applications), and reached 70% low income students who otherwise wouldn't get help!
Examples of Achievements from Former Interns
University of California-Santa Barbara, Class of 2018
Because of her experience working as a Money Mentor, she has been appointed to the Board of Directors at the University of California Student Association as the Financial Aid Advocacy Officer.
University of Houston, Class of 2016
Ike's experience as our City Captain and Financial Aid Workshop Leader in Houston and his passion for financial literacy has earned him a full time opportunity as a Financial Advisor at Eaton Vance.
University of Pennsylvania, Class of 2019
Freddy is a Wharton School student at UPenn and a Money Mentor. He received $49,000 after we helped negotiate his tuition!
Are You in Our Target City?
You're eligible to apply if you live or go to college in the following cities:
Boston, MA; Hartford, CT; Newark, NJ; Jersey City, NJ; Albany, NY; New York City, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC; Jacksonville, FL; Orlando, FL; Miami, FL; Tampa, FL; Memphis, TN; Atlanta, GA; Indianapolis, IN; Detroit, MI; New Orleans, LA; Oklahoma City, OK; Dallas, TX; Fort Worth, TX; Houston, TX; San Antonio, TX; Austin, TX; Los Angeles, CA; San Jose, CA; Chicago, IL; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA
For any questions, please email email@example.com